Get to Know Your Yoga Teacher: Emily Kelly
We know there’s not always time to get to know your yoga teachers in class. That’s why we want to start shining a brighter spotlight on all of them! As a new studio, we thought it might be tough to recruit great teachers to take a chance on us. However, we’ve been overwhelmed by the number of talented yogis that believe in the community we're creating and have chosen to teach at kOMpose. We're so grateful for our incredible teachers!
Here are some fun facts to help you get to know Emily Kelly:
What's currently on your playlist?
I have a new one daily! Music is one of my biggest motivators and creative outlets:
- “Hesitate” – Golden Vessel, Emerson Leif
- “Feels so Good” – Se-Noj, Lance Thompson, D4
- “Let’s Go” – Khalid
What are you reading right now?
I tend to be reading many books at a time. I'm always halfway finished with about five :) I highly recommend “The Laws of Love” by Chris Prentiss to anyone who is in a relationship or looking for a partner!
Outside of yoga, how do you spend your time?
- Writing and creating playlists
- Spending time outside with my husband two pups (Zoey and Penelope who are actually our children LOL)!
- I am an avid grocery shopper. So strange I know, but it is my favorite hobby. I pretty much go daily. I love to find new health foods, teas, and create different recipes.
- Growing and nurturing my online business and community, “Find Your Yoga”
What are you learning or focusing on in your yoga practice?
I’m working on finding more creative transitions that feel natural and flow well with the body. Inversions and arm balances are challenging for me so I tend to avoid them. I’m trying to incorporate them more into my home practice. I can’t get better if I never try!
Spiritually, I’ve been focusing on letting go of judgment towards my asana practice or the amount of time I am able to spend on my mat each day. Yoga is so much more than the physical body and connecting to the breath and meditation are at the top of my list at the moment.